Invisalign is a brand of clear aligners used in orthodontics to straighten teeth. It’s an alternative to traditional braces and is designed to be less noticeable, making it particularly popular among adults and older teens. Here are some key points about Invisalign:
- Clear Aligners: Invisalign uses a series of clear, custom-made plastic aligners that fit over the teeth. These aligners are virtually invisible, making them a more aesthetically pleasing option than traditional braces.
- Customization: The treatment process begins with a digital scan or impression of the patient’s teeth. This information is used to create a 3D model, and a series of aligners is then custom-made to gradually move the teeth into the desired position.
- Treatment Plan: Each set of aligners is worn for a specified period, typically around two weeks, before moving on to the next set. The orthodontist determines the treatment plan based on the patient’s specific needs and goals.
- Removability: One significant advantage of Invisalign is that the aligners can be removed for eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing. This makes it easier to maintain oral hygiene compared to traditional braces.
- Comfort: Invisalign aligners are generally considered more comfortable than traditional braces because they are smooth and don’t have wires or brackets that can irritate the cheeks and gums.
- Length of Treatment: The length of Invisalign treatment varies depending on the complexity of the orthodontic issues being addressed. It can range from several months to a few years.
- Follow-Up Visits: Regular check-ups with the orthodontist are required to monitor progress and receive new sets of aligners. These appointments are typically scheduled every 4-6 weeks.
- Cost: Invisalign treatment may be comparable to traditional braces in terms of cost, but this can vary depending on factors such as the complexity of the case.
It’s important to note that while Invisalign is a popular and effective option for many people, not everyone is a candidate for this type of treatment. The suitability of Invisalign depends on the specific orthodontic issues a person has, and a consultation with an orthodontist is necessary to determine the best treatment plan.
Book an appointment with us: https://www.nairobipremierdental.com/contact/